Auxiliary Angel Program
THE GABRIEL PROJECT
(ANGELS WITHOUT BORDERS)
THROUGH THIS EXTENSION PROGRAM
EVEN IF YOUR PARISH DOES NOT PARTICIPATE
IN THE GABRIEL PROJECT
YOU CAN BE AN ANGEL
AND TOGETHER, WE CAN BE A HOST OF ANGELS
The opportunity to participate in The Gabriel Project of the Archdiocese of San Francisco is open to all Catholics.
Upon becoming a Gabriel Project Volunteer, each person makes a commitment to the Moms they serve. They also acknowledge their commitment to faithfully uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church in serving both Mom and her unborn child. [Volunteer Handbook]
Parish Angels, Auxiliary Angels and Assistant Angels are needed to help pregnant mothers and their unborn children.
We hope you accept our invitation to be a member of the Gabriel Team.
You can be either a Parish or Auxiliary Angel or both.
Or you can assist these Angels in their ministry.
- All Parish and Auxiliary Angel volunteers are required to attend an orientation session.
- Current Parish Angels who wish to also volunteer as Auxiliary Angels will not be required to attend another orientation session.
- Auxiliary Angels whose parishes eventually enroll as participants in The Gabriel Project will not be required to attend another orientation session.
- Parish Angels receive their assignments from their Parish Coordinator.
- Auxiliary Angels receive their assignments from the Archdiocesan Coordinator.
- Assistant Angels can be individuals or groups, such as women, men and youth clubs and parish ministries. They help Parish or Auxiliary Angels meet the needs of Moms in various ways.